26 May 2004

Cosmopolitan Phil

I'm really enjoying the traveling to the first aid course. A short drive (<5 minutes) to the local station, jump on the train direct to Nottingham. Then theres about a 2 - 2 1/2 mile walk to the red cross centre, but its by the side of Nottingham castle for the first stretch then by the side of the canal, what a great way to get to work. Normally pick up a nice coffee or a bacon bap on the way too!!

The actual course is pretty intense, theres an awful lot of information to absorb, and they spring practical assessments on you to. You feel a bit of a tit talking to a plastic dummy in front of all those people, but I'm getting used to it (some would say that I'm just realising what everyone thinks!). We are being taught some pretty serious stuff and seriously makes you think.

Good news is that I'm in a good group (and I'm the only male!) it includes some hair stylists from Toni & Guy - very glam on the first day, noticed they'd changed their style for today (i.e. no underwear or diamonte thongs showing today!!!)

Getting back home in the evenings and feeling pretty drained.

Best wishes to Mark and family for the upcoming holiday (glas to hear that you've got the mag quota sorted - I'm assuming that the toiletries have also been actioned!!)

1 comment:

Mark McQuitty said...

Cheers mate! Looking forward to a Cornish chill-out. T'wifes not letting me take the poot which on reflection is good thing. I'll blog up the lowdown when we're back. See you at the back end of June!