14 September 2005

The outfit is complete

Unfortunately no pictures as it was a pretty long journey home, but the caravan pick-up was sucessful. Had a short tutorial on how to use it (emptying the toilet, draining the water, hooking up power etc) then had to pay our balance. Then got another lesson in how to hitch up and then it was on our way. I don't think I scared Gordon too much, but took an easy ride up to the farm, so all in all a 80 mile round trip today. I really enjoyed the actual driving and towing - the car seemed very stable and apart from watching the speed, you didn't really know you were towing. Positioned the van at the farm and had to get my head round the security, hitch lock and wheel clamps etc.

It is fast asleep in its shed now with the vicious peacock looking out for us. Have got a couple of small jobs that need to be finished off, but will probably pop up and do those over the coming days. Feel shattered now I've stopped though, I guess the actual concentration took it out of me more than I thought!

Just going to chill with a beer and a movie tonight.