08 October 2006

Its been a while...

I've been working away the last few weeks. I started by being in Epsom, which proved not to be the easy visit that it was billed to be. I needed to spend a few extra days down there but got the issues resolved. From there I went straight to Gatwick, which is where I should be now, but they were slightly behind too, so I've been home this weekend (probably have to work next though). It seems very strange being at the airport again, as though I'd never been away - but its been about 10 years. It was also weird being away from home, as its really been the first stint since starting at ALSTEC.

Made the most of the weekend, got back in plenty of time to go pick up the kids from school which was great. Generally had the busy weekend of ferrying around to parties, ballet etc, but managed to get some time down at Fradley this morning. Had the afternoon to myself on Saturday, so did the PC deed that I've been meaning to do for a while, and upgraded. Added another 512MB RAM, 250GB HDD and gave it a good clean. Found out why its been stopping too (finally!) - might be useful for Mark. The processor fan unclips to reveal the heatsync. This was clogged full of dust at the core (it looked fine when looking at the fins from the outside). Cleaned out all the crud and rebuilt the PC, with a clean install. Seems a much better beast now.

Waiting for a call from work to confirm that I'm on nights next week. Think I'll drive down in the morning, and try and get some rest and chill out before starting work at 7 ish.

Glad to be back on line - even for a brief time.

No comments: