05 June 2005

Why we choose our friends

My sister has just come round (out of the blue) and the first time that we've seen them since their wedding in at the beginning of April. She took Tasha to one side and said that the reason that she'd not been invited to her hen night was that no-one wanted her to be there! (nice) My sister basically told her that no one in my family likes her. An obvius upset Tasha then went round to my Mums. My Dad got one on him when Tasha said that she wouldn't be going round an Wednesday and they both started alying into her about how we are raising our kids and that they always feel unwelcome. To set the record straight the ONLY people we have round at the moment (do to Tasha being ill the last 2 years) is my Mum and Dad. Its such an exhausting procedure trying to make them happy that we don't have the energy to do much other entertaining.

Hence we choose our friends, unfoirtunately we are lumbered with our narrow minded families

1 comment:

Mark McQuitty said...

Horrid, horrid story there bud. Bad situation, I really feel for you both. Families eh? Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.