11 January 2006

Flickr technique frenzy

I've been looking into some more photoshop goodness over the last few days. As a result I've come across some really good tips. Firstly sharpening, which I've also had hit & miss results with in Photoshop using the unsharpen mask. There are a lot of tips out there saying that the easiest way to get this done is to use Picasa, which has a really simple tool and it works very well.

I've then ran the image here through a couple of the techniques on Flickr, the old favourite of the LOMO effect, as well as the new one for me of tiniting. Its a pretty useful technique , even for creating B&W images, or slight tints. Making the shadows warmer, highlights cooler etc. Making this image B&W has really changed the focus of the picture the the rflections in the tube.

No comments: