16 May 2006

Swapping hotels

Left in no-mans-land this morning, when I had to check out of one hotel and into another (with a 4 hour gap in the middle). Managed at least to get my car parked, with all my gear in it, so that I could walk around Winchester. I walked a long way. And then walked some more.

Had a phone call to say that a chap from Booth Welsh would ring me to talk about work. The offer was OK (if it was for a local firm), but I don't really fancy the weekly commute to Scotland, or the commissioning periods offshore in the Arabian Gulf. I've got some more "irons in the fire" though, so hopefully things will come good by the end of the week.

John seemed to have a good day at interview too.

I'm actually sitting in the workshop all by myself tonight, not sure where everyone is, bu I have managed to get my del.icio.us tags done and catch up on the Google Reader feeds, wonder if I'll be able to afford this when I'm contracting (or more importantly the new house required to accomodate it). Not really one for Star Wars stuff, but I thought these bookends were really cool

No comments: