13 June 2006

New Starter

Yesterday was a complete mind f@@k with a lot of downloads from people, introductions and inductions. That over today I could actually get my teeth into something. Although I've not been given a formal task as yet, I'm building up to produce and deliver a training programme (I think). A similar course for another system is already in exisitance so the headings are already done.

On a GTD note, I'm still not sure what I need in my system at work to be efficient. I don't want to be taking too much stuff with me, I don't want to store things at work (in case I move on) but equally I don't want to be without things. I'd like to get down to not taking a bag with me.

We are encouraged to use lotus notes, which I've never used before. Its a little more than outlook (although it has the same basics) I understand that its easier to add things too. The new system certainly has a lot of custom database to access for holidays etc etc. All the calendars are shared too, and its tied into the resource calendar for the rooms, so when you arrange a meeting you can see who is available and what room you can have.

Well must continue with the Brazil game.

No comments: