05 September 2006

Fresh Start

Florence started back at school today, with her new bag and gear that we bought in France. I always remember the first day back at school (especially secondary school), when you'd got your new pencil case and new bag (in my case one of those rediculously large head bags). Although she has really enjoyed her holiday I think that everyone is ready to get back into the daily routine of going to school.

Tasha had final dress rehearsal last night for Godspell, which went really well. Even though Tasha has seen the production at least twice a week for the last few months, she said that everyone really came together last night and the emotion and dancing were creating a real buzz. I can't wait to see it on Friday (and might have to go earlier in the week too!), the snippets that I've seen were amazing.

The main shock news for me is that Steve Irwin has been killed whilst filming a stingray. I don't normally catch a lot of news so that first I heard about it was when the flood of JPG joke emails came in (which made no sense to me obviously), and then later on Flickr I saw some testemonials. I didn't watch him regularly but I was always impressed by his enthusiasm for wildlife and his keeness to educate.

As Tasha is out all week with the show - I've arranged a curry night on Thursday with Martin, was only saying to trapper the other day how long it had been since I had a cuury

No comments: