19 January 2007

Internet middle ages

The latest installment in my ubermaclife is posted.

Not sure whether its due to the bad weather we've been getting here, but out internet connection at work is down. Even at the best of times, surfing is heavily restricted (no mail-other than the work based Lotus notes, no banking, no blogging and quite a view of my feeds are no shows as well).

However, I suppose its one of those things that you don't really miss something, until its not there - I should be perhaps thankful for my regular small blessings. Browsing has been "...turned off until further notice..." while the problem is sorted out. A backup link (I can only assume ISDN or even dial up) has been activated for mail only - but this is proving VERY slow.

So the long and the short is I'm cut off from the world this morning and this is causing me some problem as a lot of my systems are online, Remember the milk, google calendar, google reader. I have no offline fall back - this is one of my sticking points with my current system.

No comments: