10 January 2007

So it IS the iPhone..

As it was kind of predicted the iPhone commeth. At this point, I've not seen the keynote, only pictures - so I might have things wrong, but it looks sweet, with wide screen etc. Another product released by a 3rd part is the EWOO, which if it looks as nice as their site is a good sign.

Been very busy busy at work and also at home helping Tasha polish her lines and songs for the show. Managed to catch a couple of cool other non-MacWorld things though. Yotel opens up in London airports, wonder how that would look on the expenses!! It looks a little less claustrophobic than the Japanese versions (i.e. a coffin) but still think it might be a bit freaky. The hourly charge thing is good though (especially as when I'm working nights, I invariably don't sleep for long anyway. I'm guessing this is just a US feature (at the moment) but the latest tool add-on for google maps is VERY interesting.

Oh how I wish the place I am currently working (a conservative engineering company), would even buy a small way into the concept of instant messaging being good for business. IM is completely forbidden during work hours here.

UPDATE - Freshyill posted a good size comparison chart of the new iPhone here
and there is some great pictures/features here

No comments: