05 July 2004

Weekend ups and downs

One of those weekends when I can't seem to get anything done.

Friday went over to see Dad. Glenfields as a hospital is quite nice, free car park and not "smelly". dads ward seem to be about 10 miles from the main entrance, but the constantly changing art work and cloister gardens were great. When I got there Dad was asleep, and just sitting watching him had 10 minutes of intense thinking. I don't want Nate sitting where I was in 30 years time - so was quite glad that I'd booked my test for Wednesday. When he woke up was very jolly, still has erratic heartbeat and oxygen was low. Complained that food was shit, but I did notice he'd got quite a stash of things now! Traffic home was a nightmare.

Saturday similar kind of lost day, Florence did the ballet thing and then her and Tasha went into town for a "girlie" morning - Coffee, shopping, trying on shoes etc etc. Nicci came over to see Nate and I, and then Mum came over and we all had lunch. Had a phone call from Deb, she is producing her own short booklet that she is going to send out to galleries - and she'd like to get me involved. After that Mum and I went to see Dad again. Sue and Phil met us there so was good to have a chat with them. It now seems that all 4 are going to Egypt when Dads out!! Of course Saturday night was taken up with the grand final of Strictly come dancing!

Sunday morning, another part of our kitchen fell to pieces, so had to make emergency repairs. Fortunately Tashas gran is coming over on Tuesday, and Tasha is going to bring that up. TV flicking for most of the afternoon between the French GP, which got very dull as soon as Alonso lost the lead and Wimbeldon, which I really thought Roddick was going to win. The evening was finished off with possible the greatest sporting upset of the year, when Greece beat Portugal to become the champions of Europe!

No comments: