07 December 2005

Staff Dialog

Had my 3rd staff dialog yesterday, and it took the longest yet (just under 3 hours). It was by far the best though and followed a different format than my previous 2 with Steve in that it was a lot less formal and not dictated to by the form. Stirling said a lot about "the business" that was very interesting, and also offered an idea of a career path that I had not really thought about before - which appealed to me. Managed to get plenty of good training down on the sheet though and will shortly be requesting a place on another righteous workshop in Karlsruhe!

Apparently there is a standard Siemens template CV, which gets handed out to customers on request to show competence of staff, Stirling is going to try and get the whole team on this system. He also said that I need to try and get my CEng status ASAP, as it is looked upon very favourably both internally and in process safety.

All in all a very interesting chat, with some scary stuff in too (don't worry Mark I'll let you know!)

1 comment:

Mark McQuitty said...

I NEED to know more. I'm getting on the Gmail right now!