11 September 2004

Mavis...a let-down

Now some weren't surprised, but when Mavis set off for Winchester to collect my new machine yesterday morning I thought that I might be getting it before the my site visit (where I do actually NEED it ) next week. My feelings weren't even dented when I saw him 1 hour later chatting in reception - not even having left the building.

He burst my bubble at 3.30pm when he rang and said that he was "so busy" and that he wasn't going to be leaving until gone 5 (what can be busy about picking up some boxes, especially when you know you have engineers that actually need the contents desperately)

Peter and I completed the bonding of the worktops last night. He did a great job of aligning them and the joints are now seemless.

Got a quick shower and went over to the opening of open studios at Ridware arts last night. Deb has got some fantastic new paintings and some huge pieces (so big they have to be float mounted) all in the style of the docks series

No comments: