20 April 2006

Return from a break

Well three bits of bad news whilst on Holiday (and today), but thankfully it wasn't about my Dad. He has had a bad back, which might be a sign that his cancer may be spreading apparently, but it seems to be improving, so its a "genuine" bad back.

The first bit of bad news was that Tasha's Grandad past away on Easter Monday. This cut the holiday short for Gill & GJ, but he has been ill for a long long time and it has been very difficult for the family to watch such a healthy, witty and intelligent man deteriorate in such a way. The following day I found I that I was to be deployed down to Winchester to help with Wormington (which is where I'm penning this from). And today heard some bad news from my very good friend. This on top of what is going on with work has really made me think that you can't plan ahead for anything at all. You may as well live life for today and enjoy any opportunty that comes your way.

So I'm not getting stressed about being in Winchester. More later, looking forward to teaming up with Mark next week. Keep an eye out on Flickr for some more pictures (I've got a good ream set up again).

1 comment:

Mark McQuitty said...

Sorry to hear of your bad news bud. Hope you enjoyed your time away. Looking forward very much to catching up with you next week. It's been ages since we've been in the same workplace.